The STEM club takes place after school for our Year 7 students on a Wednesday.
Each half term has a theme and practical activities take place over a 3-4 week period. The themes this year are listed below :
- The Chemistry of Looking & Smelling Good (designing & making soap, bath bombs, deodorant etc)
- Electronics & Engineering (various design challenges linked to engineering)
- The Science of Roller Coasters (building model roller coasters to meet a design brief)
- Jelly Challenge (using jelly and other foods to plan and create towers)
- Designing & Casting Pewter Keyrings (designing and making moulds and casting pewter to make a key ring)
- Living Things in the School Grounds (using the BCS Biozone to investigate the ecology in school)